Vision & Values
As a school, we’re after more than simply academic instruction. We desire to cultivate within our students a greater love for God, a deeper love for learning, and a broader love for others.
Our purpose is to glorify Christ through faith-inspired learning and leadership.
Kingsway Christian School strives to honor Christ in partnership with parents and the Christian community by educating and motivating students to excel in future academic pursuits, to develop a confident Christian worldview, and to impact the world for Christ.
Listed below are our three core values, taken from our purpose and vision statements. It is our goal to see these values saturate every element of our school, from staff and students to athletics and events.
- Love for God
- Love for Learning
- Love for Others
Luke 2:52 says . . . “And Jesus grew in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and men.”
Within this single verse of scripture, the purpose of Kingsway Christian School is clearly presented:
Our purposes are for students to…
…grow in WISDOM as established in Proverbs 2:1-5 and James 3:13.
- …to develop in each student an educational process which places the revealed Word of God at its very center, challenging the student and teacher to evaluate everything through the eyes of God because God is Truth. (John 14:6, 10:30, Heb. 4:12,13)
- …to provide each student with the basic learning skills including the ability to read, the mastery of math, and the ability to express thoughts orally and in writing. (Prov. 4:1-13, 25:11, Eph. 4:15, Jas. 1:19, Luke 14:28-33)
…grow in STATURE as established in I Corinthians 6:19, 20.
- …to assist each student in developing his or her full potential in body, mind and spirit. (I Cor. 3:16,17, 9:24-27)
- to provide each student with the best possible environment for the attainment of spiritual, academic, and athletic excellence. (Phil. 4:8, Titus 3:1-8, and Rom. 12)
…grow in FAVOR WITH GOD as established in Matt. 22:36-40 and 2 Peter 3:18.
- …to present to each student the truth about God, life, the world, man and man’s purpose for existence. (Gen. 1-20, John 3:16,17, and Acts 4:12)
- …to instill in each student a system of values and worldview consistent with the Word of God and to lead each student to a personal faith in Jesus Christ, God’s Son. (Gal. 5:22-26, Rom. 12:2, Acts 2:36-39, and Phil. 3:8)
…grow in FAVOR WITH MEN as established in Eph. 4:32 and Rom. 14:17-19.
- …to instill in each student a strong knowledge of and devotion to our country and our system of government, and an appreciation of our nation’s Christian (Titus 3:1-2 and Romans 13:1-7)
- …to develop in each student an appreciation of the sanctity of the family, the obligations of citizenship, and the mission of the church. (Eph. 5:25-6:4, Titus 3:1, Matt. 28:18-20)
Expected Student Outcomes
Intellectually – Increase in Wisdom
- Are committed to life-long learning
- Have achieved proficiency standards in core academic disciplines, i.e. Mathematics, Language Arts, History, Science, and Bible having utilized technological, critical thinking, and public speaking skills, as well as biblical truths across all disciplines
- Have a knowledge and understanding of people, events, and movements in history (including church history) and the cultures and religions of other people and places
- Know how to utilize resources including technology to find, analyze, synthesize, and evaluate information.
- Have the skills to question, solve problems, make wise decisions, and demonstrate higher order thinking skills
- Value intellectual inquiry and are engaged in the marketplace of ideas (open honest exchange of ideas)
- Appreciate literature and the arts and understanding of how they express and shape their beliefs and values
Physically – Increase in Stature
- Are prepared to practice the principles of healthy, moral family living
- Understand that work has dignity as an expression of the nature of God
- Treat their bodies as the temple of the Holy Spirit
Spiritually – Increase in Favor with God
- Understand and commit to a personal and vibrant relationship with Jesus Christ, including daily times of prayer and devotional reading
- Understand the worth of every human being as created in the image of God
- Can articulate and defend their Christian worldview thinking while having a basic understanding of opposing worldviews
- Personally respond to carrying out the Great Commission locally and around the world in a culturally sensitive manner.
- Know, understand, and apply God’s Word in daily life
- Possess apologetic skills to defend their faith
- Are empowered by the Holy Spirit and pursue a life of faith, goodness, knowledge, self-control, perseverance, godliness, brotherly kindness, and love
Socially – Increase in Favor with Man
- Are actively involved in a church community, serving God and others
- Have a critical appreciation of languages and cultures of other people, promoting inter-ethnic harmony, and encouraging biblical hospitality for the “alien”, “stranger”
- Understand, value, and engage in appropriate social (community) and civic (political) activities
- Embrace and practice justice, mercy, and peacemaking in the family and society
- Respect and relate appropriately with integrity and confidence to the people with whom they work, play, and live
- Have an appreciation for the natural environment and practice responsible stewardship of God’s creation, as a result of careful decision-making
- Are good stewards of their finances, time (including discretionary time) and all other resources
History of KCS
Kingsway Christian School was established in 1977 as a ministry of Kingsway Christian Church.
It was the dream of Jan Caldwell, the wife of Kingsway’s first Senior Pastor John Caldwell, to start a Christian school where her children and others could receive an excellent, Christ-centered education.
The school opened with two teachers and 25 students in first through fourth grades. Today, we have over 75 full- and part-time teachers and staff and over 550 students in preschool through eighth grade, as well as before and after school supervision.
Our school’s purpose hasn’t changed over the years. We are committed to honor God in education and the total environment of our ministry. We an grateful to see how God continues to provide excellent teachers, wonderful facilities, and the continued support of our families.